Running for Vice President (TAGDV Executive Committee)
Name: Saravanan Krishnan
TAGDV Membership Tenure
Volunteer Positions held at TAGDV
· Exton Tamil Palli Treasurer (2021-2023)
· TAGDV event volunteer (Program, Food and Stalls) for 10+ events
· Multiple ETP Volunteering roles during last 5 years
· Represented TAGDV during two FetNA convention events held in Chicago and New York
Significant Contribution done to TAGDV
· Significant contribution towards increasing the Exton Tamil Palli students count from 200 to 310+
· Every increase in student count brings more love towards our Tamil language and its directly helped in increasing the TAGDV Membership.
· Brought more people to Volunteer for ETP through effective coordination as team and innovative communications.
· As a three member ETP core team, successfully conducted school annual days with 650+ persons.
· Brought many cost savings to Exton Tamil Palli/TAGDV and built many assets during our team tenure, that helps our Tamil school and TAGDV.
· Extended the Tamil school library from 50 books to 200+ books.
· Supported most of the TAGDV Executive committee members (Brought many stalls to support our TAGDV event by working with Marketing coordinator)
Personal Details / Facebook Handler (If Applicable)
Job Details / Linkedin Profile
Leading communication provider
Lead Solution Architect
Brief Bio (200 words)
I live in Exton along with my spouse and two kids. Working as Lead solution Architect in reputable telecommunication provider and being in the IT/Telecommunication fields during last two decades. I love connecting people and work as team to perform well for many volunteering organizations. Connected with Exton Tamil Palli since 2019 and performed Treasurer role for 2 years. Additionally volunteered in the PTO board for Exton elementary school during 2022-23.
My promises to TAGDV Patrons? (200 words)
· Our TAGDV members currently volunteering more than 10,000 hours yearly by teaching through our Tamil schools and TAGDV events. My first promise is to build the system to record volunteer hours to get State level recognition like Governor awards in short term (Both Delaware and Pennsylvania)
· Bring Presidential awards for our Youth volunteers in next 2-3 years.
· TAGDV hosted the first FeTNA convention during 1988. I will work with other EC members and school committee members to improve the TAGDV participation in FetNA events and programs.
· We as next EC team will set the good platform to run the FetNA Convention by TAGDV soon.
· Improve the TAGDV social media presence by creating more contents and programs in TAGDV Facebook and YouTube channels. Proposing new Subcommittee to be formed from all our Tamil schools.
· Proposing the Single consolidated online Tamil school to support Delaware, South Jersey and Pennsylvania members. This will help in increasing Tamil learning opportunity for every kid in our Tri-State area.
· Conduct sports events for our TAGDV members and their Kids to enrich their skills and social connect.
· Proposing to conduct fund raising events/events for awareness (Like Autism) and local causes to connect our Tamil community to local people.
· Improve and modernize the assets for TAGDV for better cost optimization.