Welcome to the home page of Tamil Association of Greater Delaware Valley (TAGDV), one of the oldest Tamil organizations in USA. TAGDV was founded in 1970 by Indian expatriates from Tamil Nadu, India and serves the geographical tri-state area around Philadelphia includes the South East PA, Southern New Jersey, and Delaware.
The Tamil Association of Greater Delaware Valley (TAGDV) is organized exclusively for charitable, religious, educational, and/or scientific purposes under section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
What we do?
It is a family-centric organization with the goal of preserving Tamil Culture and Language.
Currently, we run 4 Tamil Schools (Exton, PA, Plymouth meeting, PA, Middletown, DE and Wilmington, DE) and are affiliated with the Tamil Virtual Academy based in Chennai. We intend to obtain Accreditation of Tamil as an official second language in American School System and biliteracy program in PA.
We also hold several competitions annually for children and adults such as Spelling Bee, Thirukural recital, Poetry etc…
We celebrate Pongal (January), Tamil New Year (April) and Deepavali (October/November) with big events. We also have annual picnics and sports day.
“Sangamam” magazine, is published twice a year to encourage interest towards Tamil literature and showcase members’ talents.
We have initiated “TAGDV Cares”. Based on the Tamil tradition that is several millennia old – “யாதும் ஊரே, யாவரும் கேளிர்” – TAGDV Cares aims to help equip every TAGDV member, to make the right decisions for themselves, their beloved families and the communities that sustain them.
Agenda previously shared on the email to the Genneral Body:
1. Current Financial Summary/Report by the Treasurer.
2. Official ratification of the two selected TAGDV Board of Trustees –
Mr. Arvind Aravindhan and Mr.Gnanasabai Muthupalaniappan.
This is a special agenda item as only the members as of Aug 1st 2021 will be allowed to take part in the ratification process as per the by law.
3. General Updates
Here are the notes from the Special GB meeting:
– TAGDV Treasurer provided a report of the Financial summary.
– We were unable to proceed with the official ratification of the two selected TAGDV Board of Trustees Mr. Arvind Aravindhan (2-yr term) and Mr.Gnanasabai Muthupalaniappan (2-yr term) due to the lack of the Quorum required as per the by law.
– TAGDV President provided updates on the Executive Committee transition related items. The President also mentioned the lack of some financial documents during the transition and also the Official TAGDV emails which were deleted and not handed over by the Office bearers of the previous Executive committee, outlining the difficulties being faced by the current committee.
– This was met with opposition by the previous EC members.
TAGDV EC will work on a scheduling another GB meeting in the near future.
- தமிழ் கலைகள், ...
TAGDV Emergency Support
We have launched “TAGDV Emergency Support” to provide support and guidance to our members and the Tamil community in the tri-state area, in case of emergency.
We provide advice and guidance on handling an emergency situation (free of cost). We also connect you to a TAGDV volunteer who is specialized to help address your situation.
Visit TAGDV Emergency Support for more details and to reach out to us in case of emergency.